My friends, we are launching an effort today to garner more support for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in North Dakota and to urge churches to gather their people to call/e-mail/write to the government officials who can and should take action on the Dakota Access Pipeline. We are specifically asking that Episcopalians step up to object to the horrendous treatment of the water protectors by law enforcement agencies.
God is troubling the waters and calling us to act!
The Rev. Dr. Lauren R. Stanley
Clergy, South Dakota
Rosebud Indian Reservation
Join the fight against the Dakota Access Pipeline by supporting the Standing Rock Water Protectors.
Come together to pray, act, and spread the word!
From Sunday, Dec. 4, to Wednesday, Dec. 7, join together at your church or home to call and write the government authorities who can stop the attacks on the Water Protectors, to demand that the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe be consulted, listened to and respected, and to stop the pipeline. Watch live feeds on Facebook to monitor what is happening (look at the pages for Oceti Sakowin Camp; Standing Rock Rising; Dallas Goldtooth; Myron Dewey; Clergy Standing With Standing Rock). Then, flood social media with your efforts, using the hash tag #StandwithStandingRock.
Sample script: I am calling/writing/emailing in support of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in its fight against Dakota Access Pipeline. I am appalled by the violation of civil, constitutional and human rights taking place at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation. Please intervene to stop the atrocities and the pipeline.
Tell the world that you Stand with Standing Rock!
We need you to call and e-mail the following people and agencies to tell them to act now!
• President Barack Obama, The White House: (202) 456-1111, https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
• Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Department of Justice: 202-514-2000 https://www.justice.gov/doj/webform/your-message-department-justice
• U.S. Department of the Interior: 202-208-3100, https://www.doi.gov/feedback
• Directory for the U.S. House of Representatives: http://www.house.gov/representatives/
• Directory for the U.S. Senate: http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
• North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple: 701-328-2200, https://www.governor.nd.gov/contact-us
• Army Corps of Engineers Headquarters: 202-761-0011, http://www.usace.army.mil/Contact.aspx
• Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier: 701-667-3330, Kyle.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Energy Transfer Partners: 214-981-0700
And sign this petition as soon as possible: