The departure of a clergy person will have a profound impact on any congregation, and clergy and lay leaders must be able to make informed decisions about clergy leadership during times of transition. Join us for this three-day course presented by the Beecken Center and the Interim Ministry Network (IMN) at the DuBose Conference Center in Monteagle, Tennessee. Participants will explore the role of the interim leader and the foundations of transitional ministry, along with the tools and resources to facilitate transitional leadership.
When: May 8–10, 2018
Location: DuBose Conference Center, Monteagle, Tennessee.
Tuition includes a one-year IMN Membership and the Fundamentals of Transitional Ministry manual. Lodging and meals are not included with tuition. You may reserve rooms and meals directly at the DuBose Center using the online form. Register here
CEUs are available.
- Introduce the basic theories that are foundational to interim ministry,
- Provide opportunities for experiential learning through the use of case studies and sacred story,
- Present and discuss the work of the interim leader,
- Introduce the tools and resources that facilitate the work of the interim leader.
- These goals are accomplished by providing information about the impact that the departure of a clergy person has on a congregation, and by describing healthy attitudes and practices of the intentional interim leader.
Who Should Attend
- Senior or associate pastors wanting to gain skills in managing transitions,
- Retired or partially retired pastors wanting to advance skills in change management,
- Experienced ministers considering a call to the professional specialty of intentional interim ministry (prerequisite course for interims),
- Current interim pastors trained more than five years ago,
- Lay ministers or leaders with management responsibilities,
- Denominational middle management,
- Seminarians interested in change/conflict management specialization.
This is the first phase of a three-phase comprehensive training for individuals working in transitional ministry and intentional interim ministry.
Register at http://beeckencenter.sewanee.edu/events/imn-2018