St. Paul’s, Oakwood, will sponsor their second annual interfaith mission initiative, the Youth Mission Project, July 9 – 13. The focus is on relieving hunger in our Dayton communities.
We are on a mission to love our neighbors! And we’re all neighbors. Through this interfaith youth initiative, we will work with local agencies and non-profits to feed the hungry, and through our actions, respect the dignity of every human being. It is our privilege to serve the greater Dayton community.
There is no charge to participate in this week-long project – the only cost is the commitment of your time. All meals are provided for the team during the work week, including a light breakfast each day. Water jugs or bottles will be provided at each work site.
Our goal is to set the work teams up for success. Work site goals:
1) to accomplishthe tasks we are given to do
2) to respect the dignity of every human being
3) to enjoy the process of working in community
4) to learn more about the needs of our community in hopes of staying involved.
The following non-profits have invited our participation this year: The Food Bank, House of Bread, Dayton Episcopal Food Pantry, Food for the Journey Project, and Harvest for Hope Garden. We will welcome up to 75 volunteers this year. Spread the word! Our hope is to make a big impact. We will also do a weeklong food drive.
A detailed schedule will be given to each participant on Day 1. The program will run Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 7: 30 p.m. Here is the structure of the service day:
- St. Paul’s for breakfast 7:45 a.m.
- Vans/cars to work sites to begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch provided to participants at work sites (12 to 1 p.m.)
- End of work day 4 p.m.
- Return to St. Paul’s for dinner at 5 p.m. followed by sport on the green!
- All return home to rest for the next day
Registration is open on the St. Paul’s website. Please go to www.stpauls-dayton.org to sign up. You’ll see a button on the home page for YMP. Complete the registration, then download forms. Mail or drop off paperwork packets for each participating person to: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church YMP, 33 W. Dixon Avenue, Dayton, OH 45419 For more info, ask for Jean at 937.293.1154, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.