Staff are listed in alphabetical order.
Executive staff are here.
Giff Blaylock, CPA, CFP, CMA
In his part-time role, Giff provides direction to the accounting operations, including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and all other accounting processes. He first began in this role as an independent contractor in 2010, and officially joined the staff in July 2019.
Giff received his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware and an MBA in Accounting from Loyola College in Baltimore, MD. He has spent much of his 30-year accounting career assisting parishes, dioceses and clergy with tax and audit issues.
Some of Giff’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct the monthly close of all funds under supervision
- Prepare internal accounting reports for each of 10 Diocesan divisions monthly or as needed
- Monitor accounting processes including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, cash receipts and donations
- Assist in budget preparations and program grants/contracts
- Coordinate annual audit preparation including consolidation of funds, building the report with footnotes, and preparation of requested workpapers from the auditor
- Assist in the IRS 990T preparation
- Assist the CFO as needed
Angela has been a member of the bishop’s staff since January 2012. She has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in Accounting from the University of Cincinnati. Her work background includes being a Revenue Agent for the IRS, many years working in general accounting, operations and medical billing.
Angela’s responsibilities include
- Health insurance and benefits administration
- Medical, short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Diocesan-wide payroll services
- Annual church audits
- Church treasurer/leadership changes
Susan serves as an Accountant in the Finance Department and has been a part of the bishop’s staff since 2013.
Her responsibilities include:
- Mission Share accounting/report generation
- Church Loan administration
- Investment accounting
- Endowment management
- Audit preparation
- Other general accounting
Bill has been an accounting consultant for the diocese since October 2017. Bill received his bachelor’s degree in accountancy, and an associate degree in Business Administration from Thomas More University. He is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Business Administration from Thomas More University, with an expected graduation date of March 2020.
Bill’s responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable
- Chart of account maintenance
- Historical analysis of expenses
- Reconciling corporate credit cards
- Vendor communication
Assistant Transitions Officer/Executive Assistant to the Canons
Sherri joined the bishop’s staff in January 2017 and now serves as the Assistant Transitions Officer and as Executive Assistant to the Canons. She has 20+ years in the human resources as well as the administrative field. Her background includes various industries including advertising and marketing, healthcare and consumer goods. Additionally, she does various youth activities for her church including Children in Action, a mission program geared towards boys and girls in grades 1 through 5.
Sherri’s responsibilities include
- Assistant Transitions Officer – A diocesan contact for regional search consultants, vestry and search as well as clergy discerning a new calling.
- Staff support for the following:
- Commission on Ministry
- Diocesan Council
- Canon to the Ordinary
- Canon for Formation and Racial Justice
- Dispatch of Business
Associate Director of Communications
Julie has been a member of the bishop’s staff since 2003, previously serving as receptionist and information specialist, bishop’s assistant and communications specialist. She has served as Associate Director of Communications since 2013.
Julie’s responsibilities include
- Editor of Connections and e-Connections
- Database administration
- Online registration forms
- Calendar updates
- Website content maintenance and design
Executive Assistant to the Bishop
Ann has served as Executive Assistant to Bishop Breidenthal since 2015. She has over 25 years’ experience as an executive assistant in various industries that include software communication, clinical research and home organization.
Ann oversees and supports in the following areas:
- Ecclesiastical oversight
- Clergy License to Officiate
- Second Marriage Requests
- Letters Dimissory
- Letter of Endorsement
- Canonical Residency
- Appointments with Bishop
- Bishop’s annual congregational visitations
- Area Confirmations
- Convention Secretary
- Pre-Convention Hearings
- Diocesan Event Coordination
Erick has been a member of the bishop’s staff since 2004. Coming to the diocese from the cathedral staff, he started off as a maintenance worker but with his friendly voice and welcoming demeanor, he was approached about becoming the receptionist in early 2006. He has been known as “The Voice of the Diocese” ever since. During his tenure, Erick has worked alongside three bishops, several cathedral deans and loads of clergy. A people person, he loves talking and communicating with everyone who calls and visits. If you are ever feeling down and out, call Diocesan House – and Erick’s warm and friendly voice will perk you right up!