Do you miss singing in your church choir during this time of quarantine? Then join the Diocese of Southern Ohio Virtual Choir to sing an anthem for the Day of Pentecost! Here’s how you can participate:
- Download the score at this link: http://www.dsoconnections.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Tongues-of-Fire-and-Hearts-of-Love-Casurella.pdf
- Download the accompaniment audio file at this link: http://www.dsoconnections.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Tongues-of-Fire-and-Hearts-of-Love-Casurella-accompaniment.wav. If you are more comfortable singing along with someone on your voice part, you can also download the soprano audio file (http://www.dsoconnections.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Tongues-of-Fire-Casurella-Soprano-rehearsal-track.wav), the alto audio file (http://www.dsoconnections.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Tongues-of-Fire-Casurella-Alto-rehearsal-track.wav), the tenor audio file (http://www.dsoconnections.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Tongues-of-Fire-Casurella-Tenor-rehearsal-track.wav) or the bass audio file (http://www.dsoconnections.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Tongues-of-Fire-Casurella-Bass-rehearsal-track.wav).
- While listening to the audio file on headphones/earbuds, record a video of yourself singing your voice part.
- Send the video along with your full name to Stephan Casurella at email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, May 22.
- We will then mix all the videos together to create a virtual performance of the anthem.
The anthem will be presented during Christ Church Cathedral’s 10 a.m. online worship on the Day of Pentecost (May 31). If you are participating in your own church’s worship at that time, you won’t miss out—the service will be posted in the cathedral’s worship archives, so you can watch it later.
For any questions or more information, contact Stephan Casurella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio and score
Bass trackTongues of Fire and Hearts of Love (Casurella)