- This event has passed.
A Journey of Faith: Spiritual Practices of Prayer
March 18, 2020 @ 5:45 pm - 7:45 pm
Lenten Program at St. Barnabas, Montgomery.
Evenings begin at 5:45 p.m. with a soup meal and end at 7:45 p.m. You are invited to make this a part of your Lenten Journey
Wednesday, March 11 – Listening to God – Methods of Prayer
- “Teach us to pray” Luke 11:1 The disciples asked Jesus
- Prayer is not a one and only way, but many methods
- Lectio Divina – praying with scripture
- Praying the Anglican Rosary (yes, Anglicans have them too)
- Ignatian Prayer
- Centering Prayer
Wednesday, March 18 – The Celtic Way of Prayer
Christ be with me, Christ within me
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ in comfort and restore me
- A look at the saints, liturgy and prayers of the Celtic world of Christianity
- Ancient, primal, earthy, with virtually no separation of praying and living
- We will end the evening with a worship service in the Celtic style
No Authors Enabled
Tick the "Show On About Us Page Template" checkbox on each author profile you wish to showcase here.